September 11, 2011

Autumn birdsong



As summer turns to autumn, seeds and insects are plentiful in the backyard wildlife habitat.  A few months later, wild birds struggle to find food and shelter.  This poem is dedicated to the creatures who pass through my backyard wildlife habitat.



Shelter me in spreading boughs of green

Hide me under fallen leaves of gold



Harbor me in purple berried branches

Cover me when autumn days grow cold.



Comfort me when dreary days draw near

Shield me in the darkness of the night



Feed me in the coldest weeks of winter

Cradle me in your warmth and light


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it!
Nancy from Haughville

September 12, 2011 at 6:43 PM  
Blogger Marilyn said...

Wonderful poem and photos, Meg.

September 13, 2011 at 2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home