November 11, 2013

Legacy



I sat on the simple concrete bench in Papa's garden and thought about the things you believed.


You went to church every Sunday and slipped an envelope into the collection plate.


You appreciated the value of an education and you passed that along to me.



You felt engineering was superior to other professions, except possibly the priesthood.


You could repair anything.  No appliance was too old to last another year.


I rarely saw you with friends but you were deeply committed to family, even shirttail cousins.




Happy Veterans Day to my favorite soldier.  Thank you for your service.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss Dad every day. This was a very nice tribute to him.
And he was proud of you dispite not being an engineer. He was proud of all his nonengineers.
Nancy from Haughville.

November 13, 2013 at 7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home